Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Featured Creator- Beadsbysam





Today's featured creator is BeadsBySam.  She creates fresh colorful jewelry and has a great etsy shop at http://www.beadsbysam.etsy.com.  Check out her interview and her shop!

Your jewelry is very unique. I love how your creations seem organic- the beads to not seem so far removed from their natural state. Is nature an influence on your work? What are your inspirations?
Yes, nature definitely influences my work. I personally love the look and feel of natural materials. Last year I went to an amazing resort in Thailand where everything was made from natural material. It was a great inspiration. I have also tried to find a way to keep myself busy in my free time and be happy in what I am doing. I have found happiness in making bead jewellery.

Your work has beading, crochet, and delicate detail. How long have you been making jewelry and crafting?
The first time I did anything crafty was when I made 150 wedding gifts for my wedding 3 years ago!! I was not a crafty person but I did love craft products. Then I have started to make bead jewellery since January 2008. 

Would you like your hobby to eventually become a career? What is your day job? 
I would love to see my etsy business grow and become a reliable income. I have recently resigned from my full time job and now I am preparing to be a first time mum!! So my aim is to be a work-at-home mummy in the future. 


What made you open your etsy shop?
I started to make bead jewellery after being introduced to it by my friend who makes her own necklaces and rings. I have since found making bead jewellery a great therapy for stress relief and a great way to spend my free time after a hard day at work. I feel good when I wear my own necklaces and even better when people comment on how nice they look! Friends and family suggested that I start selling the jewellery once they found out that I made them myself. That’s how it all started. 


What is your creative environment like? Describe the sounds, thoughts, colors, or times.
My creative environment is my home. I make bead jewellery during the day when it is quiet.

No comments: