Thursday, May 8, 2008

Featured Creator- MadeWithLovebyZoe






Here is another great artisan from etsy! MadeWithLovebyZoe knits and crochets. I was drawn to her pieces because of their craftsmanship, simplicity of design, and beauty! Here she is!


You have knitted and crochet items in your shop. Do you prefer one technique over the other? Why?

My Mum taught me to knit and crochet when I was a little girl, and I have been knitting ever since. Now my love for knitting and crocheting is so strong, it is almost an addiction!
As I am not working I spend most of my time either knitting or crocheting, both of which I love equally and I hope that is reflected in my work.

What kind of yarns to you like to work with?

I like to knit and crochet different things using a variety of yarns. My favorites are natural fibers and hopefully one day it will be the only type of fiber I will work with. But for now, I am enjoying the process of experimenting with natural and man-made fibers, styles and new ideas.

Where do you get the inspiration for your work? Do you plan ahead and have a vision before you start, or do you just go for it?

I am inspired daily by many things and I love to browse the internet, blogs and paper magazines for inspiration. I also love to check out what other people are creating on Etsy. I find I can easily spend hours browsing all sort of things there - the site offers such a fantastic platform and community for people who love arts and crafts. All my items are carefully designed, planned and sketched before I begin the process of creating. And, I am perfectionist! Some times I will start over until I'm completely satisfied that item is perfect. My philosophy is always to create something as if I were making it for a dear friend or for a member of my family. That's how I work - and I will only sell what I have truly produced as a labor of love. My stepdaughters are also a great source of inspiration. We very often exchange ideas, magazine clippings, or simply brainstorm together on anything they've seen that they like or has inspired an idea, then I will sketch it out until I have a design to make.

1 comment:

missknits said...

wow just amazing work!! that necklace is just beautiful! thanks for sharing this! :)